How We Work
- Improve performance
- Reduce costs
- Increase efficiencies
- For the £600 million modernisation of News International’s printing facilities, in London, we provided an innovative acoustic solution that reduced both sound transmission and reverberation to bring the facility in line with EU Noise at Work Regulations.
- At Abu Dhabi Cement Mills, a turnkey grinding plant in the United Arab Emirates, vibrations were so extreme as to present a structural damage risk. To isolate the foundations of the grinding plant, we developed and supplied an anti-vibration solution that incorporated four laminated layers, each running 90° to the other.
- For an offshore oil platform in the North Sea, we developed and installed an acoustic enclosure system incorporating bonded mineral wool and galvanized steel panels, integrated acoustic doors and vision panels, delivering a reduction of up to 61dB.
Our state-of-the-art equipment, operated by experienced specialists, includes
- Casting, firing and drying facilities
- Vacuum-forming facilities
- CNC flatbed routers
- Hotwire cutting technology
- Bonding and laminating machinery
Magicut optimisation software ensurers maximum material value to our customers.
We also carry out thermographic surveys and furnace inspections.
Our extensive fleet includes, among many other vehicle types:
- 3.5 tonne long wheelbase vans
- 3.5 tonne Luton box vehicles
- 3.5 to 18 tonne curtainside vehicles
- 3.5 to 18 tonne dropside vehicles
- 26 tonne dropside vehicles with crane
- 32 tonne curtainside vehicles with Moffett carrier
- 32 tonne flatbed vehicles with crane
- 44 tonne tractor units
We also employ Masternaut real-time vehicle telematics to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery.
SIG Performance Technology in Action
A Precision-Engineered Thermal Insulation Solution
Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital (NSECH) is part of the local NHS Trust’s £200 million investment to improve healthcare for people in Northumberland and North Tyneside. It will be the first in England to have emergency care consultants on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
With an innovative design which creates a modern, purpose-built hospital, NSECH is being built to the highest performance and safety specifications. To achieve this over a two year programme, all packages within the build had to ensure the highest quality standards – with the most efficient completion possible.
As pipework insulation was being carried out as a combination of pre-insulated pipework and installation on-site, an insulation product was required that would be suitable for this two-fold approach whilst also satisfying the quality and performance criteria.
Phenolic pipe insulation was specified by the M&E contractor, with SIG Performance Technology’s phenolic pipe insulation emerging as the preferred product based on the consistency of product manufacture, performance properties and technical support available from SIG Performance Technology.
Whilst a major part of the pipework was completed using SIG’s phenolic pipe insulation in pre-insulated form, over 54,000 linear metres had to be installed on-site by Tyne Tees Thermal Ltd, experienced thermal insulation contractors.
Commenting on the use of SIG PT’s phenolic pipe insulation at NSECH, Chris Morton, Managing Director, Tyne Tees Thermal, said: “As a contractor various criteria have to be met and this was the only phenolic that has the consistency we require across a number of factors: bore accuracy, foil facing precision and thickness tolerance.
Importantly, the thicknesses are exact on both sides of the bore and at both ends of the section. This doesn’t happen with all products on the market and is actually a critical success factor when it comes to an accurate and robust installation on-site.
There were zero quality issues with SIG PT’s phenolic pipe insulation at NSECH, which given the scale of the installation – and the fast turnaround times we were working to – is testament to the unrivalled quality of manufacture.”